Are you an entrepreneur looking to grow (or start) your remote team?
Are you a freelancer, remote worker, or digital nomad seeking to join remote teams?
Do you want to learn the future of the workplace, be inspired, and relax in Bali, Indonesia?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you definitely want to check out the Running Remote conference.
Now into its second year, Running Remote is the world’s largest remote work conference where you can learn the latest about the remote work trend whilst making distributed teams work for you and your business.
The 2-day conference is packed full of practical advice that teaches you how to build and scale a remote team of workers so that you can quickly and easily reach the next level. Get insider knowledge along with actionable steps you can start on instantly from the industries innovating experts made up of CEO’s, founders, and project managers.
Before 2018 this type of conference just didn’t exist but with 5% of the American workforce switching from traditional office work to remote work (whether that sees them working from home, a co-working space, or the beach) it’s easy to see that the remote work trend is growing fast and is only growing to get bigger in the future.
In 2018, its first year, Running Remote had high caliber 250 attendees from 35 countries, the vast majority being founders and CEO’s. This year, in 2019, the conference is expected to double with 500 attendees from the USA, Australia, Indonesia, and elsewhere who prominently work in the field of software/SAAS, e-commerce, and web and app development.
For the 2019 conference, more than 21 speakers and workshop facilitators will be sharing their knowledge, experience, tips, and tricks with you. These include:
- Nick Francis, co-founder of HelpScout
- Marcie Murray, Director of Support at Shopify
- Liam Martin, co-founder of Time Doctor
- Andrew Warner, founder of Mixergy
- Amir Salihefendic, founder of Doist
- Mariano Suarez-Battan, CEO of Mural
- Nataniel Ora, co-founder of Coworking Nest
- Zack Onisko, CEO of Dribbble,
- Adii Pienaar founder of Conversio
- Andreas Klinger, Head of Remote at AngelList
What Can I Learn?
Here are a few of the topics that are covered during the 2-day event:
- Best Hiring Practices
- Financial Management & Funding
- Company Culture
- Best Collaboration Tools & Practices
- How to Motivate Your Team
- How to Handle the Work/Life Balance
- and more…
On the morning of day 1 the focus will be on building your team, Liam Martin from Time Doctor, Amir Salihefendic from Doist, and Zack Onisko from Dribbble will be taking to the stage and there will also be a panel discussion from 2 ‘remote-friendly’ venture capital leaders who will be discussing how to go about getting funding if you’re a distributed company. For the afternoon of day 1 the focus moves to networking Laurel Farrer of the Utah Rural Online Initiative speaking on stage.
For day two, the focus is on scaling your business. Morning speakers include Ilyas Vali from rLoop and Andrew Warner from Mixergy with a panel discussion on coworking. After a break for lunch, Marcie Murray from Shopify takes to the stage and then there’s a talk about networking from Mariano Suarez-Battan from Mural before the closing speech.
You’ll also have the opportunity to network with founders, CEO’s, leaders, and like-minded freelancers and digital nomads, showcase your services to other attendees, and potentially hire that person or team you’ve been seeking or get hired yourself into an exciting remote team position.
Walk away at the end of the event with actionable strategies and a head full of possibilities that you’re raring to achieve, but don’t forget to take some time to explore and enjoy beautiful Bali before flying home!
What else should I know?
Conference Location: Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort.
Discounts are available for conference attendees when you book your accommodation at the lavish 5* beach resort where Balinese culture collides with French elegance. Also, bring your team and save money with team passes available for teams of 2-10 people.
Make use of the special partner offers and you’ll be able to save big whilst gaining invaluable advice and services. As a conference attendee you can get:
- Unlimited free remote jobs ads at Remoters
- FREE content audit from Nomad in the middle
- 25% off Hackernest Tech Social annual sponsorship packages
- Free Onboarding & Intro Consultation with Acework
- Balsamiq Cloud 90-day extended trial for the UI tool
- Free 1-hour PR strategy call with PRontheGO
- 100 EUR travel credit for Nomad Train
- 50% off the first year for SafetyWing for Startups
- 7-day free pass in WeRemote coworking space
- Free social media audit (1 channel) from Vult Lab
- Free 2-hour team building session with Perfigliano
- 50% off an expat tax consultation from Greenback Expat Tax Services
- $100 Off Virtual Assistant Services from Trusty Oak
- And more!
Thinking of Joining in 2019?
Tal Gur is a world traveler and personal development enthusiast. An adventurer at heart, after trading his daily grind for a life of his own daring design, Tal spent a decade pursuing 100 major life goals around the globe. His journey continues as a location-independent blogger, lifestyle entrepreneur, and coach. Tal’s published two books: One Year to Freedom, a 1-Year Roadmap to Living Life on Your Own Terms; and, his most recent book and bestseller, The Art of Fully Living – 1 Man, 10 Years, 100 Life Goals Around the World.